Replicators from Mercury


The image is a snapshot from inside my construction program. It implements a wxPython like menu system and model control similar to blender, and integrates that with my CAD and other utilities. The goal is to test some self replicating nanobots. My experience tells me that nothing ever everything goes wrong with a good design. I am considering constructing the bots of mercury, so that even in the worst case scenario, they cannot operate outside the cold containment or in any environment that is at body temperature. They would melt and decompose at room temperature, but would be possible to construct and use in space. There are many advantages to using mercury for 3D structure and conductivity. The logic elements are lighter and separate easily when the mercury melts and is centrifuged. Since the circuit elements that are connected simply float out of the mercury, they can be reconfigured to a new structure and evolve in that way.

I think the LHC has stopped looking for the god particle and is focusing on a more attainable goal of the Jebus particle.

The creation of robots that can, and do, function better in a human environment is a very dangerous proposition and not well thought out. I could make many points about that, but if I give people ideas, it will happen sooner than later, and later is fine with me.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

very exciting and interesting.but science should be integrated with morality.I am happy to hear that you are moral.
no one cared in the world of science about the dangers of developing a nuclear and bomb and no one will care about developing robots that can work in a human environment although, perhaps for once if consciousness can be raised at the doorway to the frontier!....

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen