Long range sensors


I was thinking about various things and how they apply to the stars and I realized that long range sensors like in Star Trek could be implemented. I always thought that one was ridiculous as it was another of those things that defy the speed of light and so I dismiss them out of hand. Interestingly enough it would and is possible to tell much about a star system from great distances and perhaps even determine the nature and class of planets. I suppose neutrino signals could be another indicator, but this works through stars and doesn't have a small signal like the transit of a planet. It would be a very large signal and would allow mapping of near solar systems without a speed of light delay. It derives from some research I did a long time ago and just didn't grasp what it meant.

In 2267, the sensors of the USS Enterprise were able to scan out to one parsec (3.26 light years) and give a near instantaneous result. ( The original series, "The Enterprise Incident")

I always cringe when they do FTL things and now I realize that some things seem to be FTL, though they aren't really. I suppose it doesn't matter as the effect is FTL and so in some odd way it really is FTL communication. I read some work that Tesla did on that matter and there are some strange corner cases that produce odd results.

It add another dimension to the ability to observe the presently hidden universe. I would say that with some art ( electronics systems design art ), it would be possible to peer back in time to places that don't even exist anymore as well as get a longer temporal frame to judge the pattern of star formation and decay. It might help to warn when the Borg are coming or perhaps going. The images are from blender files for the Enterprise and a Borg cube.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen