I2C and ATSC communications

I am surprised that I know nothing about I2C or I2C and so I will create an interface to a standardized UBA00AL Tuner/modulator. I will use a prototype board and the interface is 5V. I suppose it would be easier to just buy an analyzer, but I would still have to understand what is going on. It is a two wire interface and I have dealt with similar interfaces. In some ways USB is similar, if only that it has 2 wires. Hey maybe even CSMA ethernet.

So here are some links
Tuners general information
Controlling FPV
Controlling Phillips FI1216
and it isn't rocket surgery, so I will just do the 16f84 or similar or one of my other little experimenter boards. I need to set up the serial interface again and perhaps I will get real energetic and do a straight USB. Perhaps I will just do it from a laptop with a USB to I2C. Primarily I want to play around with the VCO and bands to see if I can't see what level of noise is about and also if something odd shows up when I look at patterns as it interacts with matter which is in the vicinity. It is also for perhaps creating my own broadcast standard that has just one frequency with a variable bandwidth to match the amount of data or channels that need to fit.

The diagrams are include just because I thought they were neat. I am going to see if my magic tricks work on the radio frequencies as well as they do on light. I have a multichannel oscilloscope that will operate at the IF and I also have some RF amplifiers if that is necessary. The best knowledge comes from doing and if anything interesting comes of this I will post it as an addition. I2C looks pretty straight forward and it is interesting how the implement stop and ACK to reduce the complexity, but memory and cpu power are so cheap they could probably do it as ASCII HTML serial and it would have no real effect. Many pick and place robots that I have programmed just use serial ASCII commands and it would seem that just having it decode 7 bit ASCII to commands would be just as well. WAKE UP 127, SET VCO 128.43 MHZ, GAIN 14, GO....... Oh well, I suppose it is job security for somebody. All hallowed are the Viterbi, may their Markov Models always be resolvable in temporal extension.

There is a site that makes I2C hardware and I am certain I can make a DB 25 to I2C interface easily, and it just requires software to clock and data. Linux has projects for I2C, and I am not sure how that is implemented if there isn't some standard I2C hardware device like a NIC. I will continue to look and adjust. It is fairly simple to twiddle the bits of the LPT port, but concurrency is the real issue. I would think it would be better to just tell an external single purpose CPU to do the interface as it sidesteps the nasty real time issues that would have to be implemented in the kernel. In windows you can do it by screwing everybody else, but Windows already does a good enough job of that by itself, fresh from the box.

And here is the Linux site for I2C.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen