Many ways to skin a spider


As a natural progression from MD2, I looked into MD3 format and I found a windows program called MD3view done in C++. It was scary. It shows how evil C++ can be if you combine it with windows. It is like taking a mutagen and applying it to the evil beast. I looked at the source and found "DWORD" defined as a data type and when I was done washing my eyes with sulfuric acid, I decided to take a different approach. I got some python scripts for MD3 and used blender import and export. It was clean and quick and UV unwrap, texturing , and changes were a matter of minutes. So rather than redesign the world for every application. I reused all the utility of blender and the versatility of python. It is easy and mainly I just wanted to investigate the way in which it was structured and how the vertex animation was accomplished.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen