Gimp Python-Fu example

This is an interesting script that shows all the possible widgets that can be added to a script and it is exactly what I was looking for. I had several options and scaled parameters that would be best evaluated with a preview and a way to choose which algorithms are applied , which order and finally with what factor.

It is so much easier to work with a community of people who share their work than in a code factory. Someone said that gimp was only 90% of what Photoshop could do. That may be so, but if you know how to use all the softwares and you have access to Google, the source code, and you can merge the different utilities like `dot`, `blender`, `inkscape`, ImageMagick and a dozen others, you can create effects and results that are many times better than Photoshop can do. I don't just point and click then assume somebody is going to give me a can of Code Whip to solve my problem. That doesn't even make sense in a competitive environment. Obviously your competitor can click and drool as well as yourself.

In a matter of minutes I can code a Python script in `kate` , save to the proper directory, `chmod +x`, and have a new menu item to do a complex mathematical interpolation on the image. What I can imagine, I can implement in a few minutes. And I share what I learn, and others share what they learn, which means I have thousands of things I don't even have to type in. Open source is just beginning to come into its own mainstream. It requires a critical volume of people and like all factorials, they branch to infinity very quickly.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen