I forgot to remember how easy it is

I forgot how easy it was to use autoconf tools and it took about 3 minutes and a trip to my local ZIM wiki to remember what I had done before. It is as simple as this and it creates all the make files and does all the heavy lifting. autodoc is about as easy, I just have some aversion because I have not applied it to several distributions yet and I am not totally comfortable with it. It has a 600 page pdf, but I didn't read all of that. I suppose I will muddle through and apply it here and shine it up as I go. I am not even sure if I am doing it right, but I get an executable out of it and it runs, so what can I complain about.

I have started the 6 dimensional matrix that goes with the game and I think I will do something backward. Instead of making the puzzles harder, I will allow the user to apply the matrix to help solve puzzles. It is odd and could be viewed as separate 2D views and perhaps that is what I will do. Have a button that rotates the visualization through the association of the other 5 dimensions.

COMMANDS:

autoreconf --install

./configure

make 

make distcheck #CREATES DISTRIBUTION tar.gz

------------
FILES THAT NEED TO BE CREATED:
------------
Makefile.am ( in ./src )
------------------------
bin_PROGRAMS = puzzler
puzzler_SOURCES = puzzler.c puzzler.h
puzzler_LDFLAGS = -lglut -lGL -lGLU  -lSDL_mixer 

----------------------
Makefile.am ( in ./ )
----------------------
SUBDIRS = src
dist_doc_DATA = README

------------
configure.ac
------------
AC_INIT([ampuzzler], [0.1], [bug-automake@gnu.org])
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([-Wall -Werror foreign])
AC_PROG_CC
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h])
AC_CONFIG_FILES([
 Makefile
 src/Makefile
])
AC_OUTPUT

The rest of the Makefiles and related files are all created by the "autoreconf --install", "./configure", and "make". and here is output from "tree". As can be seen here I have started coding the matrix and will put that up on Google code when it is done.

 Mon Dec 07 02:23 PM$ tree
.
|-- Makefile
|-- Makefile.am
|-- Makefile.in
|-- README
|-- aclocal.m4
|-- autom4te.cache
|   |-- output.0
|   |-- output.1
|   |-- requests
|   |-- traces.0
|   `-- traces.1
|-- config.h
|-- config.h.in
|-- config.log
|-- config.status
|-- configure
|-- configure.ac
|-- depcomp
|-- install-sh
|-- makefile.am
|-- missing
|-- src
|   |-- Makefile
|   |-- Makefile.am
|   |-- Makefile.in
|   |-- puzzler
|   |-- puzzler.c
|   |-- puzzler.h
|   |-- puzzler_game.c
|   |-- puzzler_game.h
|   |-- puzzler_gl.c
|   |-- puzzler_matrix.c
|   |-- puzzler_save.c
|   |-- puzzler_sdl.c
|   |-- puzzler_textures.c
|   |-- res
|   |   |-- applause.wav
|   |   |-- click.wav
<SNIP>
|   |   `-- won2.ogg
`-- stamp-h1

3 directories, 95 files
 Mon Dec 07 02:45 PM$

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen