Returning to the world of silly bits and vampire bytes


Now I have finished the math and physics and chemistry and electronics. It has been a long process and I have made a complete tour of the sciences and filled in a lot of blanks. I find that the sciences are poorly structured for a polymath and the amount of symbol / nomenclature overload between sciences is confusing. Use of multiple symbols for the same concept in separate fields, multiple acceptable representations, stylized usage, ..... It is about as organized as the English language. Context problems abound. Perhaps it has something to do with the amorphous processing of the human mind, which is well suited for observing and operating in chaos, as it is perhaps just a model of chaos in the miniature.

Today I am challenged to make sense of ASP in the context of web pages. I am attempting to be effective with CPAN also. The prerequisites that I have managed now is XML, XUL, HTML, XHTML, XLS, SSH, nfs, GET, PUT, SMTP,ATM, BusyBox, MAKE, CSS, Javascript (ECMA), java, DOM, Apache, SQL, PHP, Perl, C, C++, Object oriented programming, lisp, REGEX, shell, POSIX, assembly, git, and on and on. Some days I wonder if there is going to be a point where I can just deal with the changes to the standards and not have to investigate a new technology every day.

I am using my own Apache server to test the PHP, Perl, CGI, SQL, Javascript, java, XUL, AJAX, CSS, and security.I assume I will eventually set up a server that I can connect directly to the net without restriction and establish a domain name and address. The use of DSL and other gateways seems to be a dominated strategy, to use a phrase from YALE economic game theory.

I am also seeing how far I can go with the incorporation of useful features in the blog, without running afoul of Google content restrictions.

I tested Google Chrome yesterday and got the source for Firefox and looked through the code. It is not a simple program and the structure will take some time to be familiar. I am able to get and parse web pages with C as well as PHP , but the integration is where utility is gained. I am not so sure that there needs to be 10 different browsers. Nobody really makes any money on the appliance and I would think that Google should embrace Firefox and support it as well as Chrome and MS should just give it up with that Piece of Crap IE. I have looked at it too and they have really screwed people with that. They are not a market leader there and economic theory suggests that they are pushing IE, even though it is an expensive dominated strategy just to interfere with the business of others. MS has got to realize at some point that they are not going to be able to operate as a monopoly anymore and they should scale back to specialized software or just dump the OS business and use the cash to diversify into new technologies.

I am using an include CSS at the moment and it may take several iterations to get this to look or function properly in that mode.


The HR element is simply included as an immediate indicator of how the CSS is applied to each element and page, so I don't have to pop up firebug to know which script is active or dominant. This is a p2 style element and I can specify any tag name with CSS. This is rather funny as this shows up different in every single browser I used. Chrome does something really odd, Konqueror acts odd, Kontact is different still, Firefox is confused, Galeon is similar to Firefox, but has different HR attributes, SeaMonkey is about like Galeon

Firefox seems to be the best implementation, and I am not going to stoop to trying out IE as it would require running Windows and I don't have the time to throw away.

On a separate note, the Chrome browser seems to have a few glitches in Linux with the crossover Wine implementation and I am not surprised, as I have been in the Wine code and it is very difficult to make an ordered application that is safe and solid on top of the Windows framework.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen