KDE4 is very good in many ways

<turtle-script-v1.0
@(reset)
$x=10
$y="Start"
$z="End"
@(print) $y
@(forward) 100
@(turnright) 90
@(forward) 100
@(turnright) 90
@(pendown)
@(forward) 10
@(turnright) 90
@(forward) 30
@(pencolor) 255@(,)0@(,)0
@(forward) 30
@(turnright) 45
@(print) $z

I tried KDE and KDE4 with the turtle programming interface (Logo) originally created by MIT. The differences between KDE and KDE4 are remarkable in the logic and complexity and utility. It is much easier to use than the earlier version. I also tried KDE4 solitaire and it is able to identify winnable games which is definitely an improvement in how the program works. My complaint is that the integration of KDE4 with the desktop is less than helpful, while trying to be helpful. Technically KDE4 is light years beyond, I only wish they could keep the simple desktop and skip the eye candy. If I want flashy graphics in a program that is fine, but I don't need to be impressed with the graphics, I want utility and consistence in the overall interface. Lots of good ideas in KDE4 and I hope they continue.

I only noticed one change between the kturtle that was somewhat confusing and this is the fact that variables ( packages ) have to start with $ and I am not sure why that is but I guess that it is just a minor difference and perhaps a one-time tip could be included at first startup to highlight the major differences for those familiar with the old KDE.

Here is a link to KDE and the turtle project. Below is a sample from their site that has a Valentine's day theme.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen