I will build instead

I really get tired of the standard packages. I like to be a little edgy and I know how to use the tools to discover problems. I don't want to download 100 meg of data to fix a bump on a program. I am going to start getting into the code repository and selecting my own patches to compile against source.

Before I understood the POSIX core and core utilities and overall structure that would have been foolish. Now it is foolish not to do that. I can give some feedback on things that are obvious mistakes also. It is really absurd to get an entire new code module when I just need to patch a little security hole.

On top of that I am too far ahead of the curve to wait for Ubuntu to catch up and so I think I will just go Debian all the way as a first step for one of my machines.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen