Blender book

I bought this book a long time ago and because of work that I had to complete, I forgot I had it. It is "Introducing Character Animation with Blender" by Tony Mullen. There is a reference online and I suppose the fact that I buy all these books does support the free information for everybody. Oh, you are quite welcome (As the tumble weeds rolls by and the single coyote in the distance howls).

So I read the book when I got it and then realized it was so complex that I would probably never understand it. I suppose in the process of designing my own OpenGL code and working with models and games and finally using blender regularly, I just fell into it by way of XML and modeling the universe and DNA.

I would say that I am actually bored by the book now as it repeats many things I already figured out by accident. It is a good book, however it is not for somebody who has never done any work with graphics before. I remember when gimp used to drive me nuts because it wouldn't do what I wanted. Now it is like my left hand and blender with SVG/XML is the right. I am sure that I don't know all the possible moves that can be made with this, or in fact, anything I do. It is a nice surprise that I had this book because I had a sticky problem and I couldn't find a solution on the intertubes.

It is surprising how much math, topology, logic, and programming are involved in what might seem a simple thing like making an online MMORPG. There are a lot of sophisticated concepts that have developed from what seem like silly pastimes. The original DOOM was really innovative and incorporated some features that would not be available commercially for years after. The math they used was very elegant.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen