A strange fortune

fortune -m 'superbly'
(cookie)
...though his invention worked superbly -- his theory was a crock of sewage from
beginning to end. -- Vernor Vinge, "The Peace War"
(science)
... though his invention worked superbly -- his theory was a crock of sewage
from beginning to end.
  -- Vernor Vinge, "The Peace War"

What makes it so funny is that there are so many things that I have made work and my theory of how they work was utter crap.

Considering fiction, I suppose it could come in classes that have merit and fluff. Things like King Lear, or Moby Dick, poetry, and some science fiction. What bothers me is the soylent green of literature and art. Kung Fu pandas investigate zombie/ stripper/ hooker/bee girls invasion.

I had never read "The Peace War(Wikipedia)", but perhaps I will now, just because of the quote and also the fact that it references a technology that I believe can be implemented. It would seem that Steven King has been borrowing again for "The Dome". I assume much is lost in the translation. It could be said that it is about castles and dungeons, with a technology twist. I suppose that science fiction in book form is something that has literary value for me because I often wonder how to actually implement the underlying technology and what would really happen. Obviously a teleporter is not just a tool that would be used to travel about. If it existed, then I could teleport my competition to the surface of the sun and be left with their weapons as well as teleporting anybody that might figure out how to make their own. And that gets into the situation where you are surrounded by incompetents, and the "Ruler of Squirrels" is certainly himself an idiot.

It also reminded me of the fortune program that comes with debian and I decided to check that out and it does come of with some thought proving quotes at times.

fortune -m 'Madel'
(people)
I treasure this strange combination found in very few persons: a fierce
desire for life as well as a lucid perception of the ultimate futility of
the quest.
  -- Madeleine Gobeil
:) You know why.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen