Spaghettic engineering

The work on a replicator continues and as the design becomes more familiar, it is obvious that the delta robot design depends on a parallelogram transform achieved by the universal joints.  Also it is obvious that the movement is transcendental in form, such that proportion of plate movement to rotation can technically vary from 0 to infinity since it is a tangent transform derived from sqrt(1-x^2), where x varies from 0 to 1. I could really do some LaTeX math here, but trying to apply time to useful stuff. I was mathing in my mind and was thinking it was somewhat like the gain curve of a FET, but then I thought about the tangent to the 3 curves , including the tangent curve and was thinking about the point where
Δsin = Δcos ?=  Δtan
and then my mind melted and here I am again.
So, a delta robot can walk and print and it can be made to print at an almost infinitely variable resolution. It can be used as pick and place, since that is how it is done. As well as chip bond out. What is really interesting is a technique to do bond out at the circuit board level. It allows 3D chip placement and chip holders can be printed of plastic and the chip edges or COPs and COGs can be used.
So, if I use printed shielded wire , I can actually create a Faraday cage for signals. I am intending to use this technique with my vacuum chips.
It also allows pick and put. In that case I would be removing chips from boards and placing them in a 3D matrix.
The printer needs bearings for the U-joints and as a scavenger for the first iteration, I am using robbed bearings from things such as this.

I have 8 of these from a pair of in line skates that some child out grew, as well as a nice set from a skiing machine. I will have to print special arms to match the bearings or machine it, but the latter is probably what I will do.


0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen