Atomic bum

Today I got 3 linear drive rods and have 3 Mdrive Nema17 motors with micro-stepping. They do 50,000 steps per rotation and are serially controlled as mentioned in the blog before.

So I put 5 pieces of wood together to make a frame, drilled 6 holes, and mounted the stepper directly to the rods with a nylon coupling. I used a rope connected to the one rider that I had for demonstration purposes. I created riders with a piece of junk laying around and drilled a hole the size of the rod and then drilled two smaller holes at a 45 degree angle off center in each rider and put in a small rod that follows the threaded rod.

That was about 15 minutes and it is taking longer to blog about this and document it than actually making it. So here is two videos and one is from gtk-recordmydesktop and may not show up well, but I will upload them.
So that is just 320x200 crap ( looks like it got scrambled on the upload or Googled),   and this below is the odd format from record my desktop ( which turned out well. . That does seem to work a lot better than it used to. I will save this and then edit it for the next video. I can use a technique with this to print at about 10 nanometers. I have an atomic force microscope and this will allow me to fill in the gap from atomic to variable larger scale printing. I am going to use a nanotube and pressure system to print mammalian clotting factor with Kevlar threads distributed in the polymer. It reacts with oxygen to polymerize and the loose threads of Kevlar serve to bind layers of deposition against transverse stress.
So the video is in progress and it seems I have a printer that will operate from a few nanometers to a few inches. I am using a rod and collar mounted in the frame to act as a dimensional transform.

I plan to print metal structures that I will deposit inside an old TV as nano structure transistors made just from bits of metal heated with a UV laser.
There is a good video on how to make radio tubes at home on youtube, but if they are already in a vacuum you don't need to make the glass tube. So in space it is quite easy to have cheap digital computers as you just mount them on the outside. I should probably make a video of creating a transistor inside a TV tube, but doing so below the wavelength of light would make it a very boring program.
Inside the TV tube, the voltage B+ is already available and a collar can be used as a "space door" or airlock  for moving things in and out of the tube. So it took me 15 minutes to make a Rostock like 3D printer and 30 minutes to document and blog about it.
The linear drive rods can be made by taking a rod , dipping it in plastic and wrapping it helically with heated wire ( current running through it ) in a frame driven by two synchronous steppers.
I also have a system that can do micro-stepping and be powered by the wind. Actually any sort of energy could be used including sunlight. If the rods and steppers can be made by the machine as well as depositing metal as vacuum tube transistors then it truly is completely self-replicating and the next step is making it self-assembling and shrink it to the nano-scale.
I can design a CPU as it isn't rocket surgery, just a bunch of latches and comparators. RISC is simple and there is no advantage in using CISC as it just makes life too complicated and wastes engineering as well as programming time.





0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen