Babelfish ponderings

It would seem to me that if nobody can determine what a dolphin or a whale is talking about, what chance would they have of deciphering messages from the stars? It seems to me that voice recognition and generation is a lot easier than I thought it would be. Part of that is having the right tools ( the image is from Sonic Visualizer ). It would be interesting to understand what a whale is saying and what dolphins discuss. I had an opportunity to hang out with dolphins for quite a while and I can attest that they are intelligent and effective. I was running a very fast boat and they just ran circles around it playing in the wake. They also passed by the boat in harbor when tides shifted to catch the fish being drawn out to sea. I got to know one family and they kept their calf between them always when they were traveling. They exhibit ever facet of intelligence without any "organized crime" like war and eugenics.

I see that LHC claims they will be keeping their neutrinos under the speed limit and I am glad for that. Dark matter influences gravity in a negative way, so it would seem fairly obvious that it would be a good thing to have. I have 5 kilos of dark matter here, but the only problem is I can't see it, so I don't know where it is. I suppose I could weigh all the containers and see which weighs less than the tare weight or just look through the ones resting on the ceiling. I wonder , would it be called flubber?

I should have said -5Kg of dark matter, but it would have ruined the joke.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen