Surfing the curl of darkness

It is reported that there is a cool region around the black hole at the center of our galaxy and I do hope that they adjusted their calculation for gravitational red shift and gravitational magnetism. I would guess that it is a ring because we only see changes in that which comes our way.

The known universe is 42 factors of 10 larger than the possible planetary living space and that is a place that is unknown and assumed dead and I would seriously doubt that. Just because we can't see something does not mean it is any less likely to exist in some form. I have to wonder why it would be wise to get out of one gravity hole and then strand oneself in another as a goal. The ideas of energy and action which pervade the thought seem to imply that ever increasing amounts of entropy will create a better position, but that is certainly not true.

The fact that unknown space is so dramatically larger than what is assumed to be habitat is impressive in its scale. If I knew one part in 1062 about anything and made the assumption that I had even a glimmer of completeness to my understanding, I would be foolish.

I was looking at the weather gadget in Linux and wanted to make a data base which took the forecast weather for the week and created a matrix which was the predictions ordered across the rows and so the columns would be the distance in time of the prediction. I looked at the source of the weather widget and it used the gweather library, which I found to be obtuse. I coded some C and tried it out. That was messy and so I looked for some better way. Using python-pywapi, which is the python interface to weather is is much simpler and I find wxpython to be a better presentation tool.


import pywapi ZipCode=10010 g = pywapi.get_weather_from_google(str(ZipCode)) print g['current_conditions']['temp_f']

I don't know how it could get much easier than that, unless I had somebody do it for me. Also with Python it is so easy to view the structure of the data. A struct has no such utility AFAIK.

Output of 'print g'
{'current_conditions': {'temp_f': u'96', 'temp_c': u'36', 'humidity': u'Humidity: 48%', 'wind_condition': u'Wind: S at 14 mph', 'condition': u'Partly Cloudy', 'icon': u'/ig/images/weather/partly_cloudy.gif'}, 'forecast_information': {'city': u'New York, NY', 'forecast_date': u'2011-07-21', 'latitude_e6': u'', 'longitude_e6': u'', 'postal_code': u'10010', 'unit_system': u'US', 'current_date_time': u'2011-07-21 18:40:53 +0000'}, 'forecasts': [{'high': u'94', 'condition': u'Sunny', 'low': u'79', 'day_of_week': u'Thu', 'icon': u'/ig/images/weather/sunny.gif'}, {'high': u'100', 'condition': u'Partly Cloudy', 'low': u'78', 'day_of_week': u'Fri', 'icon': u'/ig/images/weather/partly_cloudy.gif'}, {'high': u'96', 'condition': u'Partly Cloudy', 'low': u'77', 'day_of_week': u'Sat', 'icon': u'/ig/images/weather/partly_cloudy.gif'}, {'high': u'85', 'condition': u'Partly Cloudy', 'low': u'70', 'day_of_week': u'Sun', 'icon': u'/ig/images/weather/partly_cloudy.gif'}]}

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen