SQL by the book

I have The SQL pocket guide published by O'Reilly, written by Jonathan Gennick and MySQL in a Nutshell, also published by O'Reilly, written by Russell J.T. Dyer.

It is probably advisable to do some testing on my own MySQL local server with some generated data before I push the star databases too far. I don't want to get blacklisted by submitting too many queries. It probably would be good to create a script that queried the SDSS or other and then stored the results in my own SQL database so that I can track the results and if anyone is interested in the results, I can pack up the entire list of queries and database addresses along with the code and the resultant database with the correlated results.

It sounds an awful lot like work and I had hoped that Google or somebody else would do the heavy lifting since they already do this on a daily basis.

Oh well, if I discover an abandoned interstellar ship that I can get my hands on , you can bet I'll be flying the Jolly Roger after all this work to get it.


mysql> show tables; +---------------------------+ | Tables_in_mysql | +---------------------------+ | columns_priv | | db | | event | | func | | general_log | | help_category | | help_keyword | | help_relation | | help_topic | | host | | ndb_binlog_index | | plugin | | proc | | procs_priv | | servers | | slow_log | | tables_priv | | time_zone | | time_zone_leap_second | | time_zone_name | | time_zone_transition | | time_zone_transition_type | | user | +---------------------------+ 23 rows in set (0.00 sec)

On Linux mysql can be had with the command:

motie@GravityGuild:~$ sudo apt-get install mysql-server

Once the base is established there are many ways to automate and standard libraries to interface to other applications. Too many to relate here. I am not sure how I will script it, but likely Python with some C.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen