Hidden secrets in plain sight

I like to wander the net in new ways and explore some of the corner cases. A good example of that is Wikipedia. I was looking at examples of the product and chain rule in Calculus and I decided to take a left into the unknown. I had assumed without foundation that the French, German, Arabic, .... pages were just translations of English. I should have known better as some of the names that are encountered in science are like Pasteur, Gauss, Heisenberg, Cherenkov, Fermat, Da Vinci, Bernoulli , .... and so does the world revolve around England? I was pleasantly surprised that some of the best and most elegant examples and descriptions were yet to be found. The image above is part of the German interpretation and is quite informative.

The tour of the world left me a bit humbled.


0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen