Having a fits viewing data


NASA is warning that the sun could have a very harsh startup cycle in the 11 year variance. The CMEs , magnetic fields, and electron storms can be very destructive to transformers, electronics and satellites. It made me wonder what would happen if a mini black hole passing the Galaxy collided with another. It seems to me that the stone age would about 11 milliseconds away in that scenario

The open source program Fv ( Link Home page here ) allows the examination of data files that are common to astronomical observations. The source is available and also incorporates other features. The .fits file format is explained in detail at Wikipedia. It is another step in the automated tool chain to take raw data and apply any number of data interpretations to find the best fit from the combined data set with the operational equations of the universe.


The Astrophysical Journal has some interesting topics to consider.

I can use the source code to integrate Fv with Python ( Already done by Python-pyfits ) and incorporate the view in blender The interface is easily created in blender and it uses library functions that can import and export from and to a gimp and svg interface. The entire Python scripting will be posted to Google Code when it is reasonably stable. This allows a person to investigate the methods I use and be certain that they are not importing a malware. That is why I wouldn't simply post it as a blend file , though I will make a complete blend of the combined effect available and it can be assembled from visible parts or downloaded complete with a signature. I could do a WebGL implementation, but that is not stable enough yet (AFAIK).

STSDAS and IRAF can be used and here is a script to install from source, but I will investigate and create a shell script that is interactive. The IRAF example method is here and I have not tested it yet. STSDAS is explained here. IRAF is explained well at Wikipedia.

I am looking at installing IRAF and the process seems very convolute and could easily be done by a script or as part of the debian file. It seems the whole process could be put back in the source as a debian build so I will look for source and create the dependency list there, which is far easier than dinking around editing config files. Some debian MOTU could easily do this and why don't they just ask? I seek source now and perhaps an answer why they would take something so easy and make it difficult..

I see also LIGO and they missed there. It is much easier to find gravitational magnetic waves and also they are going about it in the wrong way, it is much simpler than that. I see what they are trying to measure and that is a real shot in the dark ( literally). If they rearranged their detectors slightly, they would be getting about 1 hit per day.

The IRAF is updated to 2.14.1 and so I will investigate that now as the link I was analyzing was some old crap. That is why it was so silly, it was an old link from who knows when. It is still funky and needs to be debian-ized so that it can be easily used. I suppose the problem is that it is not used by many people. A. How many people know what a GRb is? B. Of those, how many want to analyze the data? C. Of those, who is doing it for themselves? D. Who cares. I will attempt to make some sense of the source, but it looks like a mess. They didn't even tar the source as a directory, I hate that.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen