Strange blend

I was building blender from source and something odd happened. I haven't figured it out yet. It seems impossible so that is why it happens, I guess. The code is good in the "objdump -d" of a blender assembly with debug symbols. However, if I run the code it says that the code is corrupt. That sound like an overwrite in code segment, which seems very unlikely. It is perplexing and the location in the code is shown. I have done a lot of debug for decades now and this is definitely squirrelly. Everything else is okay and it compiles fine. It ends up crashing into nowhere because it is executing an illegal. I wish I had an ICE ( In Circuit Emulator ) box right now.

ghostwin= GHOST_CreateWindow(g_system, title, win->posx, posy, win->sizex, win->sizey, inital_state, GHOST_kDrawingContextTypeOpenGL, 0 /* no stereo */, 0 /* no AA */);

I wonder if "posy" above shouldn't be "win->posy" in the source file wm_window.c?

posy= (scr_h - win->posy - win->sizey);

I found that so it is correct and I still have no clue why it has bad code.

CONTINUING: As I looked deeper and included ( as referenced here ) my fault handling tools. I followed the code to a constructor ( new GHOST window ) which used the openGL library. It faulted there and so I tried glxinfo.

motey@motey-desktop:~$ glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
Segmentation fault
motey@motey-desktop:~$ fglrxinfo
Segmentation fault

If this is due to the upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04 then it is bad. I could, however, arise because I have oddly linked libraries and the upgrade could not automatically manage such a convoluted structure of mixed packages. I will investigate the OpenGL issues and so there is not an issue with blender, but with the OpenGL library and its interaction with the system. "glxgears" will not even run, so that seems to be the problem. I did not suspect that GL could fail and not be catastrophic.

SO, I did :

apt-cache policy libgl1-mesa-glx
dpkg -L libgl1-mesa-glx
sudo apt-get source libgl1-mesa-glx
sudo apt-get build-dep libgl1-mesa-glx
sudo apt-get --reinstall install libgl1-mesa-glx xserver-xorg-core

Now I will find out what size and functions it has. I linked and unlinked the various version I have (mesa/fglrx) and did "ldconfig" but something is wrong and the answer will make me smotter. I could have used "scons", but I just learned the ins and outs of Cmake and scons builds is for another day.

I learned some interesting things about LSCM ( least squares ) sparse UL and matrix unwrap and some interesting ideas that go to modeling and shading using flats to 3D.

I see h.264 may be standard and cause problems and I think video needs a good rethink on the web to go to OpenGL with some magic added.

I have learned a lot of new things and they will be used when I reconfigure my machine again. I added another Terabyte of disk space and I need to figure out how to proceed.


Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen