More human programming

I think I understand it all now. It is simple to make an English interpreter and it was never done because it could not be hidden, patented, controlled and copyrighted. The point of implementing language in a convoluted and oppressive syntax is to allow companies like IBM and INTEL and Microsoft and ATT to control their markets. If people knew that mouthwash was just alcohol and sugar in it, would they pay a dollar for something that cost 1 cent to produce? Well maybe so, because people are basically oblivious. Another problem is the foundational work that began with streaming tape and slow computers. Then a method of interpretation was established and it required 8 years to learn programming, hardware and then to understand existing compiler technology. By that time no one was interested in looking to see if they got it wrong in the first place. Some of these failures hang on for thousands of years. My problem and the problem with most people is they are too gullible and that is a good trait to have in a society of cooperation, but clearly the concept of business often centers around manipulating people through what they perceive as weakness. The fact that the society of the world seems to revolve around killing or using others is like living in a snake pit. No wonder the human race has no reasonable hope of ever leaving this planet. Practically the entire effort of life is expended in trying to shiv somebody in the back.

Now I have modified my boot sector to start from scratch and make everything human. When my computer starts it has a list that I can show of what things to do. Two of those is to start Windoze or Linuxzorz. I can also do many other things. I am taking all the techno-babble out and replacing the method calls that use unusual syntax with English. I can say "How many drives do I have", "How big are my drives" What is on these drives" "Where is Kubuntu" "Start Kubuntu" "Start KOS" . Putting a new program in my boot sector is no trick for me as it is just writing 512 bytes of data that executes a program. The program that runs is my English language interpreter compiler which operates as I stated by finding sentences and doing that thing.

The minute detail of things that others consider impossible to do in English are actually not that hard to implement. If I say "Do this until I press stop", and this is implemented in a sentence, why would I have to say

while (!stopPressed()){doThis();}

It is no more difficult to parse one than the other. On top of that fact, it doesn't even have to be unique. It is my opinion that Python, C, C++ and all other syntax is absurd that it attempts to create a language that suits the computer and not the other way around. It is the insistence on managing every detail of the machine in the language itself. It has to be done somewhere, but I don't need to control the nerve threshold of my dendrites and axons every time I spit. In fact I never have to reference the hardware at all. I say spit and it is done. I suppose I could say void expectorate(float spitDistance, float spitVolume, vector spitDirection, int spit Repeats){for (int i=0;i<spitRepeats;i++){ etc.....

Why exactly do I have to use grub when it is an idiot? It wants me to ask it about drives by saying plover and xyzzy and then specifying the drives as hd(0,1). Okay is the computer incapable of taking 1,2,3 and combining that with part 1,2,3 and then using that instead of "cat /dev/stupidUser". If I type "How many disks", I know that I can compare that to a string without even doing shasums sand trees or hash tables. Why would I make the interface "ls /dev/hd*" when I can easily alias the command as "How many disks are there?" and so on. What is easier to remember , shasum -rec vimch056 --revod "\"ZOD\"" | grep -v devNULL, or list the drives.The computer is doing 4 billion operations per second with 2 billion bytes of memory and a math unit that operates on 64 bit numbers and I still have to ask it in binary when I want something? I think we as programmers have drinkied teh Kool Aid too often.

One of the things that bothers me about Linux and certainly Windoze is that it is arbitrarily obtuse. Windows more than Linux, but what stops me from simply specifying the programs to start after I boot with a list, instead of RC1.d . I am sure that some will say that is impossible, I will be willing to bet that I have a complete English language boot to KDE4 in less than a week and every aspect is an interpreted list that I can edit and understand. I can already do that to my OS. I can't believe that I have been this backward even in my own OS for 30 years. When I started we had to count characters because the CPU was slow and memory was expensive, now I can slam the entire English language in memory and it doesn't even blink. There is no need to make a person use short hand anymore. "Show the contents of the file." or "cat". It makes the adoption and use of computers arbitrarily obtuse and serves no one. I am sure that some one will say it takes too long to type , but come now, who doesn't just cut and paste or use control r or many other tricks to avoid typing long sections of crap. Control V and Control C is about the only keys I use when programming.

When I program I usually represent concepts with methods and what difference is there to program

Show me the list.
and
showMeTheList();
,

by the need for continuous ASCII, what is it that is missing or improperly implemented in the compiler that it can't have symbols and concepts with spaces?

I could technically #define a substitution or grep and sed a file as a preprocessor to take a single that that matched exactly to preset elements like

The window name is motey.
The window size is 100 by 50.
Create a window to use.

And replace that with a complete set of code that then compiled or uses a library to make a call to an external windowing control library. It makes no difference in the implementation except that I wish it to be English all the way to the heart of the OS.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen