More WebGL

I haven't had much luck at 64 or 32 bit Firefox or even Chrome with a simple demo. I am doing Safari WebKit now and I will see how that goes. It looks like a large project to compile from source and I don't even know if it works at all for Linux, as I haven't used Safari, as far as I remember. It is a Mac tool and this is just for the h2l of it. I understand that konqueror and Safari share a common tool set and I wonder what the relationship is? Hmmm Well here we go, if it looks like a cliff, dive off it....

I start download from here then in the unpacked directory :
./autogen.sh
OOPs.
You need the 'bison' parser generator to compile WebKit
sudo apt-get install bison
AGAIN:
./autogen.sh
OOPs.
You need the 'flex' lexer generator to compile WebKit
sudo apt-get install flex
AND AGAIN!:
./autogen.sh
Oh Snap! ( as Google says.)
You need the 'gperf' hash function generator to compile WebKit
sudo apt-get install gperf
AND STILL AGAIN!:
./autogen.sh
"I want to be a source code changer, I want to live a life of danger.","I want to be an Airborne Ranger, I want to live a live of danger", Oh sorry, musical break.
I am wanting to use some stronger language, but I will refrain.

checking for GLIB... configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.21.3 gobject-2.0 >= 2.0 gthread-2.0 >= 2.0) were not met: Requested 'glib-2.0 >= 2.21.3' but version of GLib is 2.16.6 Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you installed software in a non-standard prefix. Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GLIB_CFLAGS and GLIB_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config. See the pkg-config man page for more details.

Sooooo.... Sub task started
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/glib/2.21/
./configure
Yea! success.
make
ASIDE: If this fails I am going to get cranky. It looks to me to be about 5 minutes compile time.I may even utter a mock expletive.
Yea! success.
sudo make install
Yea! success.
Now back up the tree to the rich luscious fruit that I forgot what I was intending to do with.

Oh yeah, WebGL
AGAIN:
./autogen.sh
OOPs. s2t This could get embarrassing and I probably shouldn't blog a failure, but such is life as it happens.
No package 'enchant' found
http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/#download

NEW subtask: ./configure
make
sudo make install
Yea! success.
Now back up the tree to the rich luscious fruit that I forgot what I was intending to do with.

Oh yeah, WebGL
AGAIN: (I am getting Deja Vu from installing `Sage`
./autogen.sh
Oops f2k
No package 'gail' found
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/gail/1.18/gail-1.18.0.tar.bz2

NEW NEW NEW subtask:
./configure
E: Couldn't find package libgnomecanvas-2.0
f2k

NEW NEW NEW NEW subtask:
sudo apt-get install libgnomecanvas2-dev

Sat Jan 02 03:47 PM$ apt-cache search libgnomecanvas libgnome2-canvas-perl - Perl interface to the GNOME canvas library libgnomecanvas2-0 - A powerful object-oriented display - runtime files libgnomecanvas2-common - A powerful object-oriented display - common files libgnomecanvas2-dev - A powerful object-oriented display - development files libgnomecanvas2-doc - A powerful object-oriented display - documentation files libgnomecanvasmm-2.6-1c2a - C++ wrappers for libgnomecanvas2 (shared library) libgnomecanvasmm-2.6-dev - C++ wrappers for libgnomecanvas2 (development files) libgnomecanvasmm-2.6-doc - C++ wrappers for libgnomecanvas2 (documentation) guile-gnome0-canvas - Guile bindings for libgnomecanvas libgnomecanvas2-ruby - GNOME Canvas 2 bindings for the Ruby language libgnomecanvas2-ruby1.8 - GNOME Canvas 2 bindings for the Ruby language monotone-viz - visualize a monotone repository vim-syntax-gtk - Syntax files to highlight gtk+ keywords in vim

NEW NEW NEW subtask redux: gail
./configure
make
sudo make install
Yea! success.
Now back up the tree to the rich luscious fruit that I forgot what I was intending to do with.

Oh yeah, WebGL
AGAIN: (I am getting Deja Vu from installing `Sage` or is it WebGL?
./autogen.sh
WTF?
Failed to open '/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gail.pc': Too many open files
pkg-config --print-errors --exists 'gtk+-2.0 >= 2.18'

Sat Jan 02 07:04 PM$ cat /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gail.pc prefix=/usr/local exec_prefix=${prefix} libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib includedir=${prefix}/include Name: Gail Description: GNOME Accessibility Implementation Library Version: 1.18.0 Requires: atk gtk+-2.0 Requires.private: libgnomecanvas-2.0 Libs: -L${libdir} -lgailutil Cflags: -I${includedir}/gail-1.0
Sat Jan 02 07:04 PM$ pkg-config --print-errors --exists 'gail >= 0.8' Failed to open '/usr/lib/pkgconfig/libgnomecanvas-2.0.pc': Too many open files Package 'libgnomecanvas-2.0', required by 'Gail', not found Sat Jan 02 07:07 PM$ pkg-config --print-errors --exists 'libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 0.8' Failed to open '/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gail.pc': Too many open files Package 'gail', required by 'libgnomecanvas-2.0', not found Sat Jan 02 07:07 PM$ pkg-config --print-errors --exists 'libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 0.8'

Hmmm if I was moteyalpha, I would suspect that there was recursion going on. Oh right I am. A circular dependency between libgnomecanvas and libgail results in a continual recursion to identify until all file handles are consumed. Just my opinion, and I will soon find out. I deleted the circular reference in gail.pc and Voila!

checking for LIBXML... yes checking for PANGO... yes checking for ENCHANT... yes checking for GAIL... yes checking for CAIRO... yes checking for GTK... yes checking for XT... yes

So Now back up the tree to the rich luscious fruit that I forgot what I was intending to do with.

Oh yeah, WebGL
./configure
No package 'libsoup-2.4' found
Oh my, will it end?
Excuse me?
Requested 'libsoup-2.4 >= 2.28.2' but version of libsoup is 2.4.1
I'll fix that bad logic in configure.ac <chuckle>
ADDED:
I am not sure I made the right choice here, I wonder about the naming conventions and I think in retrospect that 2.28 is a newer version than 2.4, but I was in a hurry.
Here is a link and I most definitely f4d that up. http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libsoup/ EEK! it completed!

So now it must be tested.
make 7:53 and done
I know many things and now I know more. I have to consider what this means.

1 comments:

Kain said...

Thank you specialy for the libsoup stuff, I passed a whole day installing and uninstalling different versions,I didn't thought that it has something to do with the configure.ac file, damn bad logic :)

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen