Solving Einstein

I have the game in a very workable state with X-windows interface and OpenGL as video. I am testing the automatic solving methods and they seem to be quite solid. I have included a method to adjust the complexity of the problem and measure that. I have also set parameters to make the game more interesting and consistent fun at a level of complexity that is set by the user. I am thinking I will do SDL sound, because it handles some of the oddness that can happen with the DSP. I had a few errors that I had to clean up in the code. I did what I assume many people do when they code in C or C++. I forgot to do == in an if and got some oddness. I also got my polarities wrong on the arrays once. I created a method to check the validity of the solution after the application of the hints and quite a few code diagnostics and exercises. I believe that I have exercised the depth and breadth of possible excursions of the code and I am satisfied that it is solid and deliverable.

I don't know how to proceed, but I may just contact Debian MOTU and see if somebody wants to slide the game into the repositories for fun. I suppose I will have to do some window dressing to make it look professional before that, but I have enough tools with Blender, Inkscape, ImageMagick, Audacity, and Gimp to make something interesting to look at.

I have learned a lot of new things in the process of this and still have something to learn about logic and certainty. I will certainly play with the code some more and try some features that could be useful. I have made room in the code to allow the automatic application of some of the rule methods that I find tedious when playing. I also need to make a separate window for an artificial imagination that combines some of the pieces to do a degree of combinatorial juxtaposition toward a solution. Some of the IF THEN relationships still escape me. There is an exclusion set relationship that I know is there and I can't seem to define a rule for it. It is easy enough to see that if you have two possibilities in two positions, and one must be assigned for each place, that they cannot be assigned anywhere else without breaking the puzzle universe. Kind of like a Pauli exclusion principle of the puzzle. Conservation of association.

The main reason I started this is because I didn't like to have the game in a static sized window or full screen on both monitors. The SDL full screen mode interfered with using the X window system properly in a shared manner. Like many of the programs I modify, the process gets out of hand. I end up digging too deep, but I always learn something and that is why I do it, I guess.

0 comments:

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen