Making things right

I was considering how people might judge the Python code that I put up here and though it it is just some Q&D implementations it makes me wonder a little about correctness of the code all together with the contributions of others and myself. That led me to take a step into the realm of code analysis. Tonight I am going to look at profiling PyGame, C+OpenGL, PyOpenGL, and how it interacts with the X window system.

My goal is to identify whether memory allocated to textures is being used properly and released along with system memory allocated for file storage. I did not see a function which was called to release memory and textures and so there seems to be a possibility of "memory leaks" in the OpenGL interface.

So I am making a Python program that I will post, that talks to the OpenGL interface and identifies status. I have done this before in C and other languages and other interfaces, so it is pretty much a walk through. My years of study of the Mesa3D interface should help. I will try to collect the wisdom of the web and purify it as best I can to provide a nugget of understanding.

It isn't idle curiosity, it is an essential part of any endeavor. It is also curious that curious is spelled the way it is and curiosity somewhat differently. I suppose it is just to make a person curios[sic] ;)

    
 _  o
   *
   \/

ADDED: After some search and analysis, it is this link that would allow the use of a free and open source complete debugger called bugle. Here is the link at OpenGL org. If any specific information arises which is beyond that covered by the FAQ or associated docs, I will comment, otherwise it seems to be complete enough to serve most purpose and I may make some changes to the source if it seems appropriate.

1 comments:

jordaenne said...

the Picasso of happy faces. ha ha.
thanks.

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen