Linux is a life style

I was doing some testing tonight and I was playing with "diff" and patch" and "sha1sum". These are not new to me ( as concepts ) as I have written many CRC programs and differencing tools and automated tools for handling my source. The difference is that everybody stays mostly on the same page when they use common tools. I have a profiling tool I use for comparing the origin of two files and I am sure there is an open source equivalent , but I haven't found it yet. The reason I was playing with "sha1sum" was because I wanted to quickly compare the content of files in a hash table without using "cmp" or "diff". I also want to be in a position to answer dif and patch questions for devs I work with and to grab a few patches from blender stuff to try them out. It also is useful when I start doing a debian and arch kernel so I test for those devs.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen