Yes I really am compulsive about problems

I was trying to find the source of a "slow key set ctrl+alt+g held for about .5 seconds" which beeps then does something odd in KDE4 konsole, but is just ignored in the old KDE. I think that it is a Chinese thing that is integrated to make keyboards accessible. I read that gcin ( on a chines web site ) was used for this. I think it is a fluke, but I will never be happy until I have a debug method that lasers in on the problem. I tried ltrace and strace, but I don't see the info there, even though it is three commands, I guess I don't have enough experience to interpret it in this situation. I am going to go medieval on it tomorrow, I know, because that is what I am. I will probably use xtrace and a systems logger. Hard to say, but I will keep trying it every day until I know for sure whether it is a bug or feature.

KDE4
read(0, "\33", 1)                       = 1
read(0, "\33", 1)                       = 1
read(0, "\33", 1)                       = 1
KDE
read(0, "\33", 1)                       = 1
read(0, "\21", 1)                       = 1
write(2, "\7", 1)                       = 1

This is the offending signal in KDE4 and it triggers a search for executables in the PATH. I learned how to read strace and this is what it sees. Strangely it gets a different sequence in KDE than KDE4 which seems odd. KDE=\33\21 ( !.) and KDE4 is |33\33\33 (!!!) I still don't get it as it seems that key codes should not change by which program request read(0). BTW, write (2,"\7",1) is write length 1 to stdout with ctrl-a or "bell code"=7.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen