Chicken little boing

I know I may sound like a person who sees calamity everywhere but I don't. I see reasonable and unreasonable risks. The greatest risk that humanity faces is it's own evolved competitive nature.

This article at BoingBoing links to something else and I will quote some of it.

We need something that can be manufactured, like air conditioners or cars, by the millions. Each day, a unit would take about a ton of CO2 out of the atmosphere, liquefy it and send it out through pipes to wherever it's going to be stored. The developers are now envisioning a device about 6 to 10 feet in diameter, 50 feet high. It would be like a little silo, in that shape so the wind could blow through it from any direction. CO2 emissions are going up faster than the highest scenarios. Developing nations are going gangbusters using fossil fuels, so they are eclipsing any savings that the rich nations are making. At some point we are going to have to get tough about it. There is going to be a demand to bring the CO2 level back down again because of the environmental damage it's doing. The only way to do that would be with this sort of device.

I don't think that people understand complexity, factorial expansion, chaos or the actions of monopolists and power.

I described something I thought of in an earlier post about a method by which I could remove the O2 from the atmosphere. Obviously this would have a negative impact on life to say the least. In this case would you trust anyone who had enough equipment to scrub the atmosphere of CO2 to not scrub the oxygen when they had a monopoly? I think that I would rather cover myself in gold chains, go to the mean streets with a gun and hand it to some poor fellow and ask him to hold it steady while I look in the barrel for lint.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen