Surfing the net -safely -conveniently

The following software packages, tools, methods, and add-ons are well worth discovering.

  1. Liferea feed reader
  2. Firefox Adblock add-on
  3. Firefox preferences disable javascript
  4. wget web site reader
  5. HTTrack web site automated tool

Browsing the net and reading your favorite blogs will be much more effective and you can get the information, without all the flashing scripts that distract. I have started doing this myself and it saves me hours every day. I am able to see more of the web and get a better understanding of where the world is headed.

I have several machines, and by configuring each based on their purpose I can save myself a lot of headaches. By having a machine that is simply for gaming and insecure browsing, the risk of potential insecurity is limited. I also have a multi-boot configuration in which I physically disable certain drives for each configured mode.

  • Arch Linux
  • Debian
  • Kubuntu
  • Ubuntu

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen