An audio method that works easily

This is definitely a Linux only solution. 

Things needed for this exercise from the debian repositories.

  1. mp3splt-gtk
  2. lame 
  3. audacity 
  4. k3b 
begin:
I ripped a CD with k3b as mp3, which took about 5 minutes.

then:
 I recorded myself speaking introductions to music from the CD into the file  "split.wav"  using audacity
then:


lame -h -b 192 split.wav split.mp3

then:

mp3splt-gtk

then:
 loaded split.mp3

then:
set my silence parameters to how it was recorded and there are many nice options.

then:
pressed play and when it was done, pressed split and it split the file at silence points.

then:
 I ordered the mp3 files from the songs according to a script and then put the intros in between the segments within k3b. The final step is to just say yes and burn it.

In my personal opinion mp3 is like putting a skunk in a dress and adding lipstick, but then that is my opinion of most of the proprietary audio and video compression methods. I really like midi files and often just make my own music with Rosegarden, but this isn't about that at all, it is a reference to show somebody or anybody the right way to do it. There was very little interaction and most of the time is just spent waiting for it to complete, and if like watching progress bars as much as I do, it is loads of fun to sit there and stare at the screen in a daze until it is done.

It is really remarkable how many useful programs have been created for debian and other open platforms. It shows what can be done if people share and work cooperatively. So here is my sharing too.


0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen