2010 and no space odyssey

I would say that we are no closer to having a presence in space now than it the time of the creation of this movie or novel in 1982. That is 27 years ago and it seems that somebody was a tad over optimistic.

I am a very old person and the ideas I hear for space are old, worn and familiar. I seems each new generation grabs the torch of ideas that seem feasible to the optimism of youth and fade over time. Dreams may keep us going, but there must be substance and much of the process is bound to conflict, nationalism and greed. I still have hope of seeing another solar system and perhaps it is the single dedicated nomad that will finally find the key to the stars hidden in a box of Cracker Jacks.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen