Kubuntu 8.10 with KDE 4.1 evaluation

I tried KDE 4.1 and ubuntu 8.10 and the combination is like cotton candy made of kevlar. I don't like it and I prefer konqueror as default browser and I can do without the attempt to make it handy for people who don't want to learn how to use their computer. Sad as it may be, if you don't learn how to use a computer securely and effectively, you will never be able to operate in the future without a guardian.

I am reinstalling 8.04 on one of my machines as I type. I will try KDE 4 again when it is more stable. It makes too many decisions for me that are contrary to how I use my computer. I am at console most of the time and I use shortcuts to get everywhere. When you change the shortcuts and force feed a new style interface you are asking to get forked.

I will probably go to a full custom kernel soon and so it makes no great shakes for me. I want to include my own hardware drivers automatically and some of it requires kernel mods.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen