I am happy

I was working on a problem with multiple windows and multiple simultaneous OpenGL contexts and X11 key bindings. The thing that makes me happy is that I get it! I understand from the principles of Xwindows to how it is implemented and how it is used and the result it produces. The reason that makes me happy is because it is no longer frustrating to do what I want. If I want a particular key to perform a function, I can do that and not have errors or crashes or unexpected consequence. When you debug code and you have less than complete grasp of the overall process it can be like swimming in an ocean of spaghetti.

It makes programming fun again. I have honestly read 100 books and written 100s of test programs to identify what each aspect means and it can be very complex to deal with vectors and polys and standards. I am just cleaning up code and this really makes me sure that I will finish a complete usable project soon. Everything is falling in place. Even some new microscopic, neural, gravity, and genetics information is becoming coherent to the whole. It is a wonderful day in the neighborhood of me.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen