One more solution

I am not sure when it happened, but I get the mail feeds from several Linux projects and I was never completely familiar with the tools that were used and it took me quite a while to fill in the blanks. There is C and C++ and shell and make and diff and git and SVN and you have to understand how people code. Now I get the feed and read through it like a news feed. I can see the patches and understand what is being done to the code and why. I remember my first try at doing dev and it was like being in a washing machine. Every time I turned around there was a new concept to learn. Regular expressions, FSA, TCP, openGL, make, POSIX, gcc, Python, GTK, CUPS, and mostly the number of possible programs that can be absolutely necessary to get anything done.

I don't regret any of the time I spent, because I learned a real useful system that I can modify for my own personal use.

The point is that today I didn't have any things that stopped me from just understanding exactly what is going on and how to contribute effectively without confusion. That is the big thing that bothered me, I was always confused, uneasy and unsure that I was doing the right thing. Now that I understand the whole process, it makes sense.

It isn't like I know everything, it just means that I have the framework.

0 comments:

Contributors

Automated Intelligence

Automated Intelligence
Auftrag der unendlichen LOL katzen